THE SELLING PROCESS
1. Consider, and make the initial decision to sell your business.
2. Evaluate your business and establish a preliminary asking price.
3. Engage your professional advisors and a broker to represent you.
4. Conduct a thorough due diligence of your business.
5. Prepare a detailed selling memorandum for the business.
6. Identify the source of qualified potential buyers.
7. Market the business to potential buyers.
8. Negotiate with and receive offers from interested buyers.
9. Conduct a detailed due diligence on the buyers who are finalists.
10. Execute a letter of intent with the proposed buyer.
11. Assist the buyer in its due diligence.
12. Structure and complete documentation for the sale.
13. Sign the purchase agreement.
14. Satisfy the conditions to the closing.
15. Close the sale.