THE BUYING PROCESS
1. Consider, and make a decision to buy a business.
2. Research and educate yourself as to the type of business you wish to buy.
3. Determine how much you can afford to pay.
4. Search for sources that list businesses for sale.
5. Engage professional advisors.
6. Evaluate the businesses being offered for sale.
7. Place an option on the business in which you are interested.
8. Negotiate with the sellers of the business.
9. Submit an offer subject to a due diligence.
10. Perform a due diligence on the business.
11. Structure and complete documentation for the purchase.
12. Obtain a contingent financing commitment.
13. Sign the purchase agreement.
14. Satisfy the conditions to the closing.
15. Close the purchase.